Engineering & Technical优发娱乐国际网页
9 days ago
20 August 2020
A new Quality Engineer position has been created with a rapidly growing engineering and manufacturing business that dominates its high growth market and is continuing to invest in all areas of the business to push forward its competitive edge. While market conditions are challenging elsewhere this company has continued to thrive, has secured additional state of the art facilities in South Wales and expansion internationally is imminent. This opportunity offers not just the security that comes with being a long standing market leader in a high growth sector, but enjoying interesting and varied work, and the opportunity to develop your career at this critical South Wales location.
As Quality Engineer this is what you’ll be doing:
Supporting PPAP activities
- Ensure that required component quality is achieved for SOPs and resolve any arising quality issues
- You’ll be part of a team reviewing design and manufacture of new components with suppliers.
- Evaluating ISIRs, and sign off documentation, e.g. technical drawings
- Support the creation of required documents, e.g. inspection standards, purchase specifications, etc.
- Hands on build of pre-production devices
- Develop the PPAP process further to ensure and continuously improve component quality
- Ensure that all documentation is comprehensive and up to date, e.g. drawings, control plans, capability studies, etc
Supporting the Operations and Quality Department
- Carrying out the containment and root cause investigation of quality issues
- Continuous improvement of component quality, including supplier development
- Support handling of non-conforming product and rejects
- Support with CAPA activities
Maintaining Quality documentation
- Ensuring component documentation fulfils business and regulatory requirements
- Ensuring a proper audit trial is maintained
The successful Quality Engineer will being the following experience to the team:
- HNC or degree in Mechanical / Production / Manufacturing Engineering or related field
- Excellent understanding of technical drawings
- Knowledge of PPAP, ISIR and Inspection Standards
- Experience in a similar role within a highly regulated industry (medical, food, automotive, aerospace)
- Basic CAD experience
- Basic understanding of Statistics for Engineers
- Degree or HNC in Mechanical or Electronic Engineering is desirable
The successful Quality Engineer will receive:
- Competitive salary
- A range of working hours to select from to suit your home life
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- 5% employer contribution pension
- Free parking
- The opportunity to work with a highly skilled and motivated engineering team in one of Wales’ most exciting engineering businesses!
Are you up to the challenge?
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in the role of Quality Engineer apply now.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.