£32,000 - £40,000+
13 days ago
16 September 2020
Instrumentation and Electrical Technician
£32,000 - £40,000
Yolk Engineering is a recruiting partner for one of Wales’ largest organisations that provides a critical public service.We’re currently supporting them in the recruitment of an Instrumentation and Electrical Technician specialising in instrumentation, controls and automation.
Applicants will need to have completed a relevant electrical apprenticeship to take on this varied and rewarding role, carrying out preventative and reactive maintenance activities on a range of instrumentation and related equipment.In addition to a market leading compensation package with a company offering security and stability, you’ll have constant opportunities to learn and keep you skills at the forefront of your field.You’ll be in charge of your own day, operating across two sites and satellite stations in a small region between Aberystwyth and Lampeter.
Benefits and perks include a pension to 11%, 25 days holidays + public holidays, a vehicle and fuel, bonus, guaranteed/paid overtime allowance each month, call out allowance (one in four, when trained) and more!
What you’ll be doing
优发娱乐国际网页As an Instrumentation and Electrical Technician in this team you will:
- Work closely with production teams to provide instrumentation, controls and automation support
- Carry out planned maintenance of plant to ensure no breakdowns or reactive failures of equipment.
- Respond to breakdowns on a very wide variety of instrumentation, assess problems, decide on action, acquire spares and carry out repairs as necessary.
- Participate in a 1 in 4 standby rota to provide first line response to any reactive breakdowns or plant issues.
- Ensure you work safely at all times by following relevant procedures and processes
- Recommending innovative ideas and continuous improvement initiatives to improve performance and reduce costs.
- Fault find and carry out programming (training provided) of PLC’s, telemetry and SCADA systems to efficiently control and monitor unmanned plant, amending existing programmes in response to both faults and operational changes in order to optimise levels of service.
- Be actively involved in the installation and commissioning of capital schemes to ensure successful delivery including process optimisation and environmental monitoring and control.
- Ensure that all equipment is calibrated by the procedure at defined frequencies and is auditable.
- Keep records to ensure that they are satisfactory for internal and external audits.
- Ensuring the operation of all communication links to Production and satellite stations are maintained and operable at all times.
What you’ll bring to the team
优发娱乐国际网页The successful Instrumentation and Electrical Technician will bring the following skills and experience to the team:
- A time served apprenticeship in electrical, electronic, instrumentation, controls or automation
- Experience with monitoring equipment advantageous
Here’s what you’ll get in return
优发娱乐国际网页The successful Instrumentation and Electrical Technician will receive the following excellent package
- A competitive basic salary
- Guaranteed overtime pay circa £3000-5000K and the opportunity to increase this with actual worked overtime
- Company bonus
- Call out allowance circa £1000
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Pension to 11%
- Range of additional benefits and discounts
Are you up to the challenge?
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this role apply now.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.