22 days ago
优发娱乐国际网页09 August 2020
This new role has been created as a result of the continued growth of a market leading engineering and manufacturing business, offering the security that comes with a long standing market leader in a high growth sector, an exciting environment to work in alongside a friendly and supportive senior team and the opportunity to continue to develop your career.
This is what you’ll be doing
The Purchasing Manager will lead and supervise the Purchasing function, providing support to the supply chain by managing all activity in relation to ordering and expediting purchased items and ensuring the business maintains an adequate supply of necessary materials. To succeed in this role you'll need relevant purchasing/expediting experience in a manufacturing business with a sizeable stock holding, and supervisory/managerial experience sufficient to lead a small team with mixed levels of experience.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with your Director to set and review key purchasing metrics
- Communicating with suppliers to make sure materials and components arrive on time and at the correct location, often with tight deadlines and changing forecasts
- Ensuring the MRP system is set up correctly in terms of MOQ’s, lead times and buffer stock.
- Running MRP and raise purchase orders as required.
- Reviewing long term purchase commitments in line forecasts
- Tracking inventory usage and adjusts purchasing systems in line with actual performance
- Ensuring the import of goods is in accordance with HMRC rules.
- Reviewing and authorising the purchasing clerks
- Reviewing the Purchasing function and ensuring it is operating as documented in the Quality Management System
- Monitoring and reviewing supplier performance to ensure delivery is in line with corporate expectations.
- Keeping a well-organised collection of contracts and Quality documents for easy reference when needed.
- Attending meetings to ensure the Purchasing function is aware of all relevant activity
- Developing systems to run purchasing outside of the MRP when required
The experience you’ll bring to the team as Purchasing Manager
- Purchasing experience within Manufacturing
- Knowledge of international shipping requirements is advantageous but inessential
- CIPS qualification, or working towards one, is advantageous but inessential
And this is what you’ll get in return
- A salary of circa £30,000
- A range of working hours to select from to suit your home life
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- 5% employer contribution pension
- Free parking
- The opportunity to work with a highly skilled and motivated engineering team in one of Wales’ most exciting engineering businesses!
Are you up to the challenge?
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in the role of Purchasing Manager, apply now.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.